Friday, January 24, 2020

Hammurabis Code

Today in class, I wasn't in class for half of the time. I was in the play, The Diary of Anne Frank. It went well and I think the audience liked it. Then, I came to class about 45 minutes in and we were talking about Hammurabis code. It's crazy reading some of the laws like if a man puts out the eye of another man, his eye shall be put out. No laws are like that today. People were even more serious back then and didn't take anything as a joke. Now, laws are more bearable and the punishments are usually not as bad. This weekend Anne Frank will be going on but now I need to do make-up work for the day for the classes I've missed. The play is very fun and very moving. It has a lot of meaning considering the its a true story that happened with a jewish family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to my Future Self

Dear Reagan, As I reflect upon my freshman year, I can only say this it has been interesting and tough to get through. Many challenges have...