Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Maintaining Time zones

Today in class we were told that we will be doing a debate about either maintaining or demolishing the current time zones. I think we should maintain the time zones. People are already used to our current time zone and if we changed now, it would be like learning a whole new way of time. Some notes I took were:

  • Time calculation became a serious problem for people travelling by train
  • Every city in the United States used a different standard time, so there were more than 300 local sun-times to choose from
  • Operators of the new railroad lines needed a new  time plan that would offer a uniform train schedule for departures and arrivals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to my Future Self

Dear Reagan, As I reflect upon my freshman year, I can only say this it has been interesting and tough to get through. Many challenges have...