Friday, May 1, 2020

Ancient Rome Landmarks

Today, we looked at Ancient Rome landmarks. I picked the Trevi fountain. This fountain is on everyones bucket list when they visit Rome. It was designed by Nicola Salvi and completed by Giuseppe Pannini. It is 86 feet high and it is the largest Baroque fountain in the city. Some facts about this fountain is that it is one of the oldest sources of water in Rome. It dates all the way back to 19 B.C. Alos, the fountain is very popular for throwing in coins. When you throw a coin in, it's supposed to make the gods favor you and make sure you get home safely. Last but not least, the statues are Oceanus with two sea horses, representing the different moods of the sea, and two tritons are leading the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to my Future Self

Dear Reagan, As I reflect upon my freshman year, I can only say this it has been interesting and tough to get through. Many challenges have...