Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Site and situation

Today in class we talked about how geographers describe where things are located. We talked about the site, which is the physical character of a place. The characteristics are climate, water sources, topography, soil, vegetation, latitude, and elevation. We also talked about how New York City's, Manhattan is twice as large today as it was in 1626. Now Manhattan is heavily populated and taken over by stores and such. My home is a unique site because, my house is my own. Nobody else's is like it. My house has a garden, a pool, and a front porch swing. Also, what make it unique is the trees that surround it. Ou house is shaded and very bright on the inside. We also have a water source in the back of our has. There is a river that runs through our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Letter to my Future Self

Dear Reagan, As I reflect upon my freshman year, I can only say this it has been interesting and tough to get through. Many challenges have...